- A support book for parents, carers, teachers, educators & professionals.
Knowing how difficult it can be to navigate frustration & anger with our children, Australian child psychologist Dr John Irvine has written this practical and fun-filled guide of therapeutic ideas and activities for parents and educators to help children manager frustration and anger.
In this handbook Dr John concentrates on Twitch, The Monster of Frustration. He begins by explaining that frustration cannot be pigeon holed into a “one size fits all" classification. Instead Dr John explains how each child may display a different set of behaviours.
Dr John has devised a series of behavioural assessment questions. Once you have completed these and determined which type of "Twitch” you’re dealing with, you’re on your way to making use of the given exercises for your child's specific needs.
Subtitled A Practical Guide For Parents And Educators To Help Their Little Twitches, this book presents fun exercises and competent information for parents and teachers. It also offers an opportunity to see your child in a different light, deal with minor issues before they become problems, and most important, creates a positive shared experience.
Handbook explores/ includes:
- So Which Twitch is My Twitch?
- But Why is My Twitch So Angry?
- Parents as Role Models and Behaviour Managers
- How Do We Start To Change Things?
- Top 10 Domestic Environment Triggers for Twitch's Behaviour
- What Can We Do To Help Change Twitch's Behaviour?
- Activities to Build Emotional Awareness and Self-Control
- Activities and Strategies to Help Parents/Educators to Manage Anger and Aggression
- Frustration Worksheet
- Mind Muscle Victory Chart
- Draw A Cranky Bug
- Draw Your Twitch
- Author: Dr John Irvine
- Illustrator: Andi Green
- 41 pages
- Measures 22.5 x 17cm